Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I LOVE FALL

By far, my favorite season is fall, hands down!  I can not express how much I LOVE to go to the pumpkin patch!  We visit one out in the country and when you come up over the hill you just see so much orange!  It makes my insides smile!  I just love the cool weather and the leaves and wearing jeans and sweatshirt!  Makes me want to whip up some hot chocolate right now........but its 85 degrees!!!!!  When I was asked to make a fall/leaf cake (for three special ladies all turning 60) I was thrilled, but not exactly sure what I was going to do.  I used a new technique and I think it turned out pretty well.  It was a two layer (one devils food and one basic white) with a vanilla butter cream frosting under the fondant. 






Close up-to show the leaf definition


No comments:

Post a Comment