Friday, February 11, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Sweet Girl

For some reason 5 years old just really seemed old to me this year.  I couldn't believe my first born was actually that old.  That is school age!  She has brought so much joy to our lives.  She is a determined girl that knows what she wants,but has such a sweet heart about her and doesn't like when others are treated unfairly. 

I asked her what kind of cake she wanted, and for months it was Strawberry Shortcake.  I had to do the Butterfly cake the same weekend and was a little stressed, but my kids cakes come first.  Last minute she decided she wanted a hello kitty cake.  I was ECSTATIC because Hello Kitty is WAY easier than Strawberry Shortcake.  I worked and worked and got it done when she was asleep, and when she woke up on her birthday I brought her in to see it and she says "I really wanted strawberry shortcake".  I just about burst into tears.  I felt bad she didn't get what she wanted, but I asked her over and over again and hello kitty it was......sigh........kids they get you every time.


No comments:

Post a Comment